7 WEEK NVQ LEVEL 2 DIPLOMA IN BARBERING
FULL TIME COURSE 7 WEEKS MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.30AM – 4PM
Course start date: Monday 30th March 2020 (sold out)
Course start date: Monday 8th June 2020 (sold out)
Course start date: Monday 17th August 2020 (4 spaces)
This course is only suitable for Hairdressers with a minimum of 1 years’ experience. You must hold a NVQ level 2 in hairdressing. A copy of the certificate must be given.
Thomas Lloyd can help you achieve your NVQ level 2 in barbering. You will also learn the art of cut-throat wet shaving and we will get you job ready with in a 7-week time frame.
When training with Thomas Lloyd you will receive the highest standard of training. The training provided goes far beyond the regular NVQ level 2, our course includes the following:
Week 1 – 2
- Health & Safety
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Consultation with clients
- Practice cutting and learn barbering techniques on training head blocks
- Cutting techniques – modern, classic and long hair
- Observe regular demonstrations on live models
- Learn the art of hot towel wet shaving.
- Develop an understanding of the NVQ process
- Completion of written coursework
Week 3 – 7 Live Client Work
- Move from training head blocks to live models.
- One to one support provided by academy staff to help build confidence.
- Carry out various barbering techniques in a live barbershop environment,
- Scissor over comb, clipper over comb, texturising, layering, head and face shape,
- Clipper work covering all grades
- Fading – Skin fades, 0 fades, 0.5 fades
- Full treatment hot towel wet shave
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced cutting styles
- Style and finishing techniques
- Complete the NVQ