FULL TIME COURSE 7 WEEKS MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.30AM – 4PM
Next available course dates:
Tuesday 25th of May 2021 (sold out)
Tuesday 3rd of August 2021 (4 spaces)
Tuesday 12th October 2021 (5 spaces)
This course is ideal if you do not require the NVQ qualification. We offer a fantastic foundation into barbering, focusing purely on practical cutting. Ideal for makeup artist, hairdressers or if you just wish to learn a range of barbering skills . There is no theory or written work.
Thomas Lloyd can help you achieve your barbering goals. You will also learn the art of cut-throat wet shaving. This isn’t included on a lot of courses.
When training with Thomas Lloyd you will receive the highest standard of training improving your barbering skills.
Week 1 – 3 Introduction to Barbering
- Meet your fellow students
- Allocation of barbering kit
- Health & Safety
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Consultation with clients
- Practice cutting and learn barbering techniques on training head blocks
- Cutting techniques – modern, classic and long hair
- Observe regular demonstrations on live models
- Learn the art of hot towel wet shaving.
- Develop an understanding of the NVQ process
- Completion of written coursework
Week 3 – 7 Live Client Work
- Move from training head blocks to live models.
- One to one support provided by academy staff to help build confidence.
- Carry out various barbering techniques in a live barbershop environment,
- Scissor over comb, clipper over comb, texturising, layering, head and face shape,
- Clipper work covering all grades
- Fading – Skin fades, 0 fades, 0.5 fades
- Full treatment hot towel wet shave
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced cutting styles
- Style and finishing techniques