FULL TIME COURSE 7 WEEKS MONDAY TO FRIDAY 9.30AM – 4PM
Course start date: Tuesday 26th May 2020 (sold out)
Course start date: Tuesday 4th August 2020 (2 spaces)
This course is ideal if you do not require the NVQ qualification. We offer a fantastic foundation into barbering, focusing purely on practical cutting. Ideal for makeup artist, hairdressers or if you just wish to learn a range of barbering skills . There is no theory or written work.
Thomas Lloyd can help you achieve your barbering goals. You will also learn the art of cut-throat wet shaving. This isn’t included on a lot of courses.
When training with Thomas Lloyd you will receive the highest standard of training improving your barbering skills.
Week 1 – 3 Introduction to Barbering
- Meet your fellow students
- Allocation of barbering kit
- Health & Safety
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Consultation with clients
- Practice cutting and learn barbering techniques on training head blocks
- Cutting techniques – modern, classic and long hair
- Observe regular demonstrations on live models
- Learn the art of hot towel wet shaving.
- Develop an understanding of the NVQ process
- Completion of written coursework
Week 3 – 7 Live Client Work
- Move from training head blocks to live models.
- One to one support provided by academy staff to help build confidence.
- Carry out various barbering techniques in a live barbershop environment,
- Scissor over comb, clipper over comb, texturising, layering, head and face shape,
- Clipper work covering all grades
- Fading – Skin fades, 0 fades, 0.5 fades
- Full treatment hot towel wet shave
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced cutting styles
- Style and finishing techniques