28 WEEK PART TIME COURSE MONDAY & TUESDAY 18.00PM-21.00PM
Course start Date: Tuesday 28th May 2019. ( 2 Spaces left)
This course is ideal for beginners with little or no experience in barbering. If you are looking for flexibility and wish to remain in your current employment, this is the part time NVQ in barbering for you .
Thomas Lloyd can help you achieve your NVQ level 2 in barbering. You will learn the art of cut-throat wet shaving and we will get you job ready with in a 28-week time frame.
When training with Thomas Lloyd you will receive the highest standard of training. The training provided goes far beyond the regular NVQ level 2, our course includes the following:
Introduction to Barbering
- Meet your fellow students
- Allocation of barbering kit
- Health & Safety
- Shampooing and conditioning the hair and scalp
- Consultation with clients
- Practice cutting and learn barbering techniques on training head blocks
- Cutting techniques – modern, classic and long hair
- Observe regular demonstrations on live models
- Learn the art of hot towel wet shaving.
- Develop an understanding of the NVQ process
- Completion of written coursework
Live Client Work
- Move from training head blocks to live models.
- One to one support provided by academy staff to help build confidence.
- Carry out various barbering techniques in a live barbershop environment,
- Scissor over comb, clipper over comb, texturising, layering, head and face shape,
- Clipper work covering all grades
- Fading – Skin fades, 0 fades, 0.5 fades
- Full treatment hot towel wet shave
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced cutting styles
- Style and finishing techniques
Final Week of the Course
- Continue cutting services on live models
- Finalise the NVQ Process
- Begin the search for employment with support and direction from academy staff
- Focus on fine tuning cutting skills and techniques to become job ready
Course Price £3,999.00
A £500 non-refundable deposit to reserve your place.
The remaining balance of £3499 is paid 8 weeks prior to your course start date.